The Ideon Audio eos DAC: a High Performance DXD/DSD DAC. A class of its own
Breakthrough technology from the Absolute and IΩN series: an affordable reference DAC
The Ideon Audio eos DAC, utilizes trickle-down technologies and R&D gained, from our extensive work mostly with our IΩN DAC and our flagship Absolute Epsilon which has set new standards worldwide.
Many of the IΩN DAC’s innovations and designs are found in the IΩN in its own scale. As with all Ideon offerings, the eos DAC is a fully proprietary design, with audio technologies developed in-house.
A bespoke handcrafted product housing an innovative combination of high-performance design features and best-of-breed quality components.
HyperStream, 8-channels architecture with proprietary, cutting-edge analog stage
- High output impedance at -120 dB SNR, quad current output from DAC
- Cutting edge analog stage, with symmetrical ultra-low noise power supply – in a unique topology
- Low-noise power through, more than 10 different separate power regulators in the circuit.
- Direct coupled output with no capacitors in the output stage.
- In-House fully balanced design throughout.
Proprietary Triple Distillation USB input: Noise Elimination
Found in most of our DACs, conceived and designed in-house, the Ideon Audio Triple Distillation USB input comprises a proprietary three-stage noise eradication circuit that eliminates digital noise from the input signal. Our experience from the making of the Absolute Espislon DAC has been now transfered to the eos DAC as well. Figuratively speaking, we have declared war on linear & non-linear distortion and noise.
Clock Oscillators: Getting the Music in Phase
The eos DAC shares some of the same oscillators used in our IΩN Dac. It deploys three top-of-the-line femto ultra-low jitter and ultra-low phase noise clocks in a no-compromise architecture; precision and resulting phase fidelity of the signal is ensured.
Each clock has its own dedicated power line.
The Symmetrical Analog Output Principle
The in-house designed, balanced output has symmetrical analogue output channels, with no capacitors in the signal path and dedicated power supplies, in a unique topology. This can also be found in eos DAC.
Design for future upgrades
The eos DAC has been designed with future upgrades in mind, like most of Ideon’s products.
Its modular construction allows for future upgrades of different parts of the device, if and when a new technology becomes available, or a new format takes over.
Low noise power supply
eos’ multistage power reservoir comprises many different low-noise power supply units and individual regulation stages.
The importance of stable, abundant, and clean power is touted all over audio circles, but at Ideon Audio, we take things to another level: we as many separate stages as needed in order to achieve unparalleled clarity and linearity.
We choose top-level components: high-quality and performance regulators with very low-tolerance rating, and ultra-low esr audio-grade capacitors specifically designed for audio applications.
- Cutting edge analog stage, with symmetrical ultra-low noise power supply.
- -120 dB SNR, quad current output from DAC.
- Silicon carbide diodes deployed to minimize diode-rectification noise
- Upgradable DAC and USB input engine.
- New in-house developed dedicated software for the DAC chip (same as the Absolute E DAC). The upgradable chip firmware is developed by Ideon Audio in close cooperation with ESS.
- Native support and playback for all DSD and PCM formats/frequency rates
- Proprietary Triple Distillation USB input: Noise Elimination.
- New audio USB codec used in our USB input module. A proprietary design, being the most current, state-of-the-art technology. The result; amazing, practically zero jitter, extremely low noise, super-fast processing, and extraordinary, natural sound quality.
- A customized USB Audio 2.0 audio class driver developed for Windows. It’s optimized for low latency and low CPU load. Buffer depths can be adjusted to optimize settings for any given computer. The driver implements a transparent (bit-perfect) playback.
|SUPPORTED FORMATS (INPUT DEPENDENT)
|44.1kHz to 384kHz PCM up to 32 bits , Native DSD (up to 8X DSD)
|3x Advanced isolated input module slots (USB, BNC, RCA)
|XLR BALANCED OUTPUTS
|2.2 Vrms at 0dB
|2.2 Vrms at 0dB
|THD (A WEIGHTED 20HZ-20KHZ)
|< – 110dB on all outputs
|>124dB on all outputs
|SNR (A WEIGHTED 20HZ-20KHZ)
|>120dB on all outputs
|20HZ TO 20KHZ 132 dB (FS) . 130 dB (AFS)
|Custom matrix LED display
|DIMENSIONS (W X H X D)
|460 x 70 x 295 mm ( (18.1 x 2.7 x 11.6 in)
|10kg (~22 lbs)