The Ayazi was conceived, designed, and sonically fine-tuned by a team of audiophiles and music lovers with professional, engineering knowhow. The aim: bring out the musical magic encoded in the numbers stored within the digital medium, and make it user-friendly and affordable. In other words,to create a device that we,music and audiophiles alike, would wish for.
The Ayazi offers support for up to24-bit/384kHz audio via USB and 24-bit/192kHz over S/PDIF. DSD64 and DSD128 playback capability is supported via USB (all via on-the-fly software conversion 352.8/24).
Inputs: for the Ayazi S/PDIF input we settled on
a low-jitter re-clocking controller from Wolfson,
which offered us the best sound coupled with
convenience. The USB input is full class-2; to avoid
damage during playback we fortified the input with
our proprietary electrostatic protection, shielding
the Ayazi from electrostatic discharge.
Convertion: Unlike many other sigma-delta
implementations, the converters we selected for
the Ayazi incorporate patented time-domain jitter
eliminator technology. This helps to deliver music
free from clock jitter common in digital audio
Clock: to further refine the Ayazi’s sonic
performance we selected Crystek’s CCHD-957
HCMOS oscillator. This component sports -100dB/
Hz close-in phase and a noise floor of -169dB.
It matched our circuit design perfectly. Not
surprisingly, the oscillator was designed for audio
to begin with.
Power supply: It took us a long time to design,
refine and tune the Ayazi power supply. As usual
in such devices, it is not only a matter of providing
power but, especially, of maintaining a very low
noise threshold as well.
The results are exceptionally wide dynamic range, ultra-low distortion, accurate sound stage and musical clarity.
The Ayazi DAC key features
- Coax and USB digital inputs,switchable from front panel
- Class 2 USB input with electrostatic protection
- Support for up to 32-bit/384kHz DXD audio via USB, and up to 24-bit/192kHz via Coaxial
- DSD64 and DSD128 playback support on USB (via on-the-fly software conversion to 352.8/24)
- Time domain jitter eliminator technology DAC chip
- Low jitter, re-clocking S/PDIF input
- Dedicated high speed asynchronous dual clock audio USB processor
- New clocking architecture femto clock from Crystek used.Clocking architecture pushes jitter and noise floor below perceptible levels in our circuit
- In house designed ultra low-noise power supply, custom-made transformer
- High capacity main DC filter, selected audiophile series capacitors